I have just under two weeks before I have to go back to work for two weeks of staff and student orientation, professional development, and team building (we don’t start school until the Tuesday after Labor Day, summer Eric loves this idea, 1 week till the AP exam Eric hates it). So, getting some sort of a to-do list down is probably a productive use of a blog post.
- Create year plans for all 3 preps (and pray that I don’t get a 4th prep added at the 11th hour). I just try to get a general idea of where I need to be throughout the year on an Excel document, nothing earth shattering here.
- Edit syllabi for AP Calculus and General Physics (I got AP Physics rewritten today).
- Tidy up my classroom procedures and policies.
- Edit concept/skill lists for all 3 courses. I use SBG in all my classes and right now AP Calculus is the only list that I feel confident in rolling out at to start the year.
- Rewrite my unit 1 packets for AP Physics and General Physics. Thankfully, I’m using prewritten materials so I don’t have to reinvent the wheel, there are some small things that didn’t work well last year that need to be tweaked.
In the weeks following I’ll probably add new things that come up and strikethrough stuff that I complete. What’s at the top of your to-do list?